How can we help?
Moving the DataXchange Service
The DataXchange Service can easily be moved from one computer to another. Follow the steps below to move the service. Please keep this information in mind when moving the service:
- Tablets (iPad, Android, Windows) will need to have the Host changed.
- Windows Desktop PCs will pickup the change automatically if there is only one DX Service defined, but the application will need to be closed and reopened.
- If you use a DNS entry it will minimize these changes by allowing you to keep the same PC name even if you switch servers or IP addresses. If you are using IP addresses, and the IP changes you will need to adjust the host in the ODI.
- Install the DX Service on the New Computer
Download the latest DX Service from the Scytec website at scytec.com, and follow the tabs to Support → Downloads.
- Stop the DX Service on the Existing Computer
Stop the Scytec DataXchange PCS Services on the existing host (the one the service is being moved from).
- Rename the DX Service
From the Manage tab select the DataXchange button in the ribbon bar. Select the existing Host where the DX Service is being moved from and select the Modify button. Change the Host to the IP Address or Host name of the new PC where the DX Service was just installed.
- Provide Account information to the new DX Service
From the DataXchange tab press the Configuration button (the button has a red flag icon) and a message will appear that the settings have been copied over for you. Press OK and a message will appear with a notification that the Service must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
- Verify Success
Once the Service has restarted, from the DataXchange tab select the Connect button and use the drop down to connect to the new DX Service and verify that all of the equipment and associated expressions are present. The flag icon on the Configuration button should now be green indicating that the connection to the Cloud was successful.
- Uninstall the DX Service from the old computer
Uninstall the Scytec DataXchange PCS Services on the old host.