How can we help?
All of the configuration files needed for the DataXchange Service are located in the installation directory for the Windows Service. The default location is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Scytec\Scytec DataXchange PCS Service. The configuration for the DX Service is stored in this folder. None of these configuration files should be modified manually.
DXService.user.config: Contains information about the database connection and rules for logging.
In the logs directory there is a folder for each machine. In addition there is a Common folder containing the following:
- Debug.log: Contains information regarding activity by the service.
- Error.log: Contains errors detected by the service.
- dxtrace.log: Detailed information about all activity taking place. Not enabled by default.
- Script.log: Contains records of C# Script Source communication.
Log files are per machine and contained in multiple files:
- Expression.log: General information about the execution of the expressions
- Error.log: Information about errors
- Polling.log: Records communication with the machine
- Info.log: Contains licensing info for the machine.
- Email.log: Contains records of emails sent regarding the machine.
Each log file will grow until it reaches 10 MB in size, then a new log file will be created and the current one will be renamed to include a date and time stamp. A maximum of 10 of each file will be kept at which time the oldest file will be deleted.